Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC is seeking a talented IT Field Support Specialist to join our team!
Please read the job requirements carefully. Applicants with only “call center” experience need not apply. This is a hands-on position. You will be involved with hardware setup, configuration and testing.
IT MARITIME SITE SUMMARY - Our site operations use a combination of campus wireless and cabled network connectivity solutions to provide TCP/IP, VoIP and WAP connectivity throughout the facility in unique applications. This position will require the applicant to assist and work alone when installing cabling & networking equipment, set up voice and data circuits. Ability to independently with minimal supervision, as well as troubleshoot, and “think out of the box” are critical characteristics to this position.
- Minimum of two years experience providing IT support over the phone or in person
- Hands-on experience with computer information systems, telecommunications (T1, VoIP, SIP, POTS) and other IT related concepts
- Expert level familiarity Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Hardware & Software Troubleshooting experience with PCs and Laptops
- Experience with multi-function copy/scanner machines (ie: Toshiba, Konica-Minolta)
- Experience with MS Office Suite (2013+), Office 365 Support
- Ability to install CAT5 cable runs and terminations (RJ45 or termination jack) is a must
- Strong TCP/IP addressing and VLAN skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2008/2012
- Familiar with Ubiquiti/UniFi wireless connectivity solutions
- Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of network connectivity issues
- Experience building, imaging, maintaining and deploying Windows based computer
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Proven ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong initiative and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows Server Environments
Normal working hours from 7am-3:30pm but may be required to answer customer service calls during evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Work sometimes takes place in wiring closets (small confined spaces), shipboard operations room (noisy environment), climbing ladder wells aboard ship and carrying equipment on and off vessels.
Are you a strong IT Support Specialist interested in supporting Maritime site operations? Are you a problem solver that gets excited when a problem is more complex or more difficult, rather than less? Do you have the experience and minimal requirements as listed above? If the answer is YES, then we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
- We are dedicated to the well-being of our team members through a comprehensive compensation and benefits program. You'll work hard... you'll play hard. No compromise.
- Weekly payroll
- Traditional 401k Payroll Deferral Program with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- PTO (vacation and sick leave programs)
- 24/7 Employee Support Services
At Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you!
If you are interested in joining a company with the opportunity to follow your career path and feel you meet the qualifications for this position, then this is the company for you!
ABOUT MARE ISLAND DRY DOCK LLC
Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC operates on an 18+ acre site of land located on Mare Island in Vallejo CA is the home of both Dry Dock #2 and Dry Dock #3 of which both are active concrete graving docks with the largest capacity being a length of 720 feet.
Visits us on the web at http://www.middllc.com/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. MARE ISLAND DRY DOCK, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.