PRIVATE AND PREVAILING WAGE PROJECTS FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
HIRING CONCRETE MASONS NOW!
Taylor Concrete (owned and operated by Simon Taylor)
is a well established and growing Northern California based Concrete Construction company looking for qualified and skilled Concrete Masons and Laborers eligible to work/live in the U.S.
CONCRETE MASON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enjoy weekly pay via direct deposit
- Enjoy 24/7 human resource support
- Enjoy prevailing wage plus fringe when working on public works project
- Enjoy a competetive private hourly rate for non public works project
- Enjoy California Paid Sick Leave (eligibility requirements apply)
•Reads and understands blueprints.
•Applies knowledge of building code regulations to projects.
•Uses applied mathematics to estimate costs and quantities of materials to be ordered for a project.
•Applies knowledge of concrete mixtures to judge how long they will take to set up, and determines how factors like heat, cold and wind will affect the curing of the cement. Applies knowledge of strengths of different kinds of concrete and is able to produce different surface appearances.
•Sets up the forms to hold the wet concrete until it hardens. Pours the concrete, spreads and tamps the concrete into place, and levels the surface.
•Finishes the concrete by performing smoothing, edging, creating grooves and textures, rubbing down high spots, filling low spots and removing defective spots.
•Able to clearly explain steps, provide directions and answer questions about the construction processes to employees and subcontractors.
Ability to communicate orally with project management and coworkers is important. Regular use of a variety of masonry tools is essential. Standing or kneeling for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings.
Heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 60 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common construction equipment, masonry tools, and scaffolding is required.
Good math and reasoning ability is essential. Able to apply statistical calculations, geometry, trigonometry, algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings and equipment operating manuals to conduct business.
- Perform mason work efficiently and professionally
- Interpret plans to provide high quality commercial concrete trade work
- Communicate with Foreman/Superintendent to maintain as-built drawings
- Work well with all parties involved including, coworkers, inspectors and management
- Work in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
If you have the skills and abilities as required above, then we want to hear from you! Please apply today!
- Minimum 2 years of experience as journeyman level concrete masons
- Or- Minimum 2 years concrete labor/helper experience
- Punctual, reliable and able to maintain a consistent work schedule
- Self-motivated with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able and willing to communicate with the public and co-workers effectively
- Can communicate verbally and in written word in English
- Comfortable with electronic time and attendance systems
- Can perform new hire onboarding electronically
- Education: High School or equivalent
- Valid CDL and Clean DMV record
- Must be eligible to work/live in the U.S. and can provide I9 documentation supporting status
- Flexibility to work extra hours