MARINE CRANE OPERATORS needed NOW!
Mare Island Dry Dock LLC Vallejo CA
This is a unionized crew member reporting to a Foreman in the Crane Department.
Union Affiliation: IAMW- Industrial Union of Marine and Shipbuilding WOrkers of America-District 4
Responsible for correctly planning, preparing, and operating all yard cranes to lift and move materials, machines, or products in many directions in a safe and efficient manner
Operate gantry and terrain yard cranes to move goods from one location to another, including movement of goods from and to docked ships. Must follow load limit requirements. Provide proper communication and direction to staff below. Perform crane safety inspections and maintain logs as needed. Understand hand radio and whistle signs. Must be able to see hand signals from a long distance. Clean immediate work area affected and surrounding surfaces. Clean and care for all interior equipment and tools. May perform maintenance.
Must know company safety rules. Must know and follow load limit requirements. Must know marine terminology. Must know and follow crane manual logging requirements. For mobile cranes must be NCCO certified.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Skilled with all yard crane operations and related equipment. Must be able to climb up and down access ladders to crane control cab.
Instructions given from general supervision or foreperson through oral and written orders. Work is performed in accordance with standard trade practices and is inspected for conformity to specifications. May give instruction to helpers assisting in the work.
High School or equivalent experience, OSHA 10 hour training
Journeyman level experience
Standard Work Hours:
M-F 7-330pm with opportunity for weekend overtime and night shift differentials. This is a real career position offering the opportunity to learn while you earn valuable general labor skills in the maritime industry.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be able to pass drug test & Respirator Fit Test after offered position.
Must be NCCO certified
High School Diploma/GED
Additionally, this position may require:
Lifting up to 75 lbs. above knees for several hours.
Lifting 30 lbs. above head for several hours.
Working in awkward positions on knees or bent at the knees for several hours.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer an excellent benefits package, including:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- $29/hr - weekly pay date
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Optional Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- 401K with a Company match
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays and Personal Days
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Ability to effectively work with others at all levels
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exhibit commitment to quality-work within a team driven environment
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding client requirements and expectations
- Value on good attendance and quality output
- We are dedicated to the well-being of our team members through a comprehensive compensation and benefits program. You'll work hard... you'll play hard. No compromise.
- Weekly payroll
- Traditional 401k Payroll Deferral Program
- Union Pension
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- PTO (vacation and sick leave programs)
- 24/7 Employee Support Services
- Unionized work unit with the Industrial Union of Marine and Shipbuilding Workers of America-District 4
At Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you!
If you are interested in joining a company with the opportunity to follow your career path and feel you are qualified, this is the company for you.
ABOUT MARE ISLAND DRY DOCK LLC
Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC operates on an 18+ acre site of land located on Mare Island in Vallejo CA is the home of both Dry Dock #2 and Dry Dock #3 of which both are active concrete graving docks with the largest capacity being a length of 720 feet.
Visits us on the web at http://www.middllc.com/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. MARE ISLAND DRY DOCK, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.