Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC is seeking a talented Maritime (Shipyard) Safety Technician Specialist to join our team!
Please read the job requirements carefully. Applicants with only “Fire Watch” experience will NOT be considered. Required safety experience, especially inspections with discrepancy follow up expertise in ship repair or heavy industrial machinery.
SAFETY TECHNICIAN SITE SUMMARY - Review and analyze work environments to control, eliminate, and prevent illness or injury caused by chemical, physical, and unsafe actions. Conducts inspections and enforces adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of workers. Governed by Cal/OSHA and the LONGSHOREMAN ACT
- BS/BA in safety, engineering or sciences preferred, or- high school diploma with 5 years experience
- Knowledge of California and Federal OSHA regulations, Federal Maritime industry standards would be preferred
- at least 2 years safety experience, as a full time safety person
- Ability to climb ladders and walk for up to 8 hours per day
- Microsoft Office intermediate to advanced level experience
- Must be able to wear a face mask for a full shift
- Experience and ability to work with people collaboratively
- Ability to work and inspect in small confined spaces
- Ability to do simple math, averages, conversion of units, etc.
: Ability to drive or travel to locations, physically observe operations, stand, walk, climb, talk, listen and actively participate in communicating effectively with employees, customers and public. Use hands to reach, grasp, handle or feel. Able to walk on ships and in ship areas. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Basic math and reading skills, writing and spelling ability to communicate clearly and effectively on all technical and business levels.
Office; occasional exposure to wet humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles; moderate noise; occasional intense light/glare; work near moving machinery. Travel primarily involves ground transportation to and from job sites.
Normal working hours from 7am-3:30pm but may be required to answer customer service calls during evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Work sometimes takes place in wiring closets (small confined spaces), shipboard operations room (noisy environment), climbing ladder wells aboard ship and carrying equipment on and off vessels.
Are you an experienced Safety Technician
with expertise in Cal/OSHA and the Longshoreman Act? Do you have specialist interested in supporting Maritime site operations? Are you a problem solver that gets excited when a problem is more complex or more difficult, rather than less? Do you have the experience and minimal requirements as listed above? If the answer is YES, then we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
- We are dedicated to the well-being of our team members through a comprehensive compensation and benefits program. You'll work hard... you'll play hard. No compromise.
- Hourly Non-Exempt Position
- Weekly payroll
- Traditional 401k Payroll Deferral Program with company match
- Employer paid Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance
- PTO (vacation and sick leave programs)
- 24/7 Employee and HR Support Services
At Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you!
If you are interested in joining a company with the opportunity to follow your career path and feel you meet the qualifications for this position, then this is the company for you!
ABOUT MARE ISLAND DRY DOCK LLC
Mare Island Dry Dock, LLC operates on an 18+ acre site of land located on Mare Island in Vallejo CA is the home of both Dry Dock #2 and Dry Dock #3 of which both are active concrete graving docks with the largest capacity being a length of 720 feet.
Visits us on the web at http://www.middllc.com/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. MARE ISLAND DRY DOCK, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.