MobileHRnow, HR Business Partner to Palm Academy in Fremont CA
, is conducting interviews for an Infant/Toddler Room Director at Palm Academy. This is a full time salaried position. Palm Academy offers great compensation paired with a full suite of benefits for full time teachers status!
Infant/Toddler Director-Responsible for implementing infant and preschool program goals and objectives and maintain a positive and professional attitude towards parents/guardians, staff, children, and community by performing the following duties:
- Assures accuracy and review of meal counts, attendance, parent/guardian sign-in sheets, and absence notes.
- Break and cover for teacher absences to ensure all classrooms are in ratio.
- Conduct daily licensing walk-thru, weekly and monthly audits.
- Prepares weekly and monthly status reports.
- Maintains current health files and immunization records, staff files and documentation of benefits.
- Conducts fire drills monthly.
- Assures staff is competent, caring, and qualified to work with designated age groups.
- Conducts regular team department meetings.
- Establishes communication system and development of team work.
- Identifies and evaluates children's needs.
- Conducts parent/guardian conferences and offer referral procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains a current list of qualified substitutes and provides substitutes with orientation, including scheduling, emergency procedures, and behavior guidelines.
- Provides a calendar or other methods of communicating the program to parents/guardians.
- Maintains background information regarding family, physical development, health history and special needs.
- Maintains facilities, inventory, equipment and supplies as required.
- Oversees safe operations to include sanitary bathrooms, kitchen, and classrooms, posting of evacuation plan in each classroom and arranges for repairs as required.
- Oversees child supervision of Infant/Toddler Room/Program.
- Posts emergency numbers in designated areas.
- Performs open and lock up procedures of the facility.
- Consults with Teachers regarding any difficulties in meeting certain children's needs, parent/guardian complaints or concerns.
- Hire, train, and evaluate infant/toddler teachers.
- Facilitates parent prospect tours and marketing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ensures all staff adheres to state and government regulations and the center's safety guidelines.
Oversees performance of team members assigned to Infant/Toddler Room
Performs and prepares the staff performance evaluations on an annual basis
Discusses any procedural problems and child developmental problems
Regularly meets with team and evaluates performance, sets goals and objectives
Supportive with Team members and proactively works with each to achieve performance (including attendance) expectations
Bachelor's Degree in the area of Early Childhood Education preferred. Prior school management experience helpful. Meet Licensing Site Director qualifications.
License or Certificate
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license with copy of MVR driving record
• Possession of CPR and First Aid certificates within six (6) months of hire.
Applications will be screened by MobileHRnow Workforce Planner for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants will be contacted for prescreen interviews. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing live-scan fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment health screening requirement.
- Must be fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related child care or youth program field
- Must love working with children
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Must be very organized, detailed oriented, and responsible
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred
- Participates in required training programs, conferences, and training
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents and reports relating to safety rules, operating, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
About Palm Academy
Since 2006, Palm Academy has been working with the families in the Fremont community to helping to raise healthy, happy children. Palm Academy childcare professionals are passionate about maintaining the highest standards of education and care so that each child, from 6 weeks to 18 years, is given the best possible opportunity for success. Their daycare programs are designed to include every member of your family so that you only have one stop you need to make for all of your childcare needs. At Palm Academy, they deeply care about helping parents save time and money while also helping children grow into the adults parents aspire them to be.
Palm Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.