MobileHRnow, HR Business Partner to Palm Academy in Fremont CA
, is conducting interviews for a Preschool Site Administrator at Palm Academy. This is a full time hourly position. Palm Academy offers great compensation paired with a full suite of benefits for full time teachers status!
Childcare Administrator - Performs a variety of administrative/clerical/marketing/teach support duties related to assisting with planning, coordinating and supervising Palm Academy’s child/youth programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists Palm Academy Director with planning and directing a variety of program areas which may include child care, preschool or after-school programs.
- Aid in training of seasonal employees and volunteers.
- Prepare reports, schedules, and other administrative material.
- Liaise with Accountant/CPA in light bookkeeping
- Generate ongoing community interest in Palm Academy’s activities such as sports, games, special events, arts and crafts, drama and social activities.
- Maintain positive team and parent relations and follows disciplinary procedures.
- Assists staff in maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly classroom environment.
- Notifies appropriate staff of any problems with regard to site maintenance, children or parents, and make recommendations as necessary.
- Promotes and enforces safety procedures to include teach/child ratios, other licensing requiremns as well as render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
- Assists in maintaining records and reports as required; track and complete all enrollee paperwork.
- Coordinate and order ongoing supply needs.
- Assume the role of Assistant Day Care Site Coordinator as required.
- Open and close the site in the absence of the Director
- Coordinate distribution and assignment of department uniforms and equipment.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting program budget.
- Supervise assigned temporary staff; schedule, train and monitor staff relative to assigned duties; review timekeeping system of assigned staff for accuracy.
- Time and Attendance Supervisor/Reviews all time cards daily, weekly, and semi monthly for accuracy and approves for payroll processing
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, parents, and the public using principles of excellent customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of modern methods, techniques, principles and procedures used in the planning and supervision of child care and/or preschool programs and facilities.
- Basic to intermediate budgeting and light bookkeeping
- Experience with regard to interest, skills, special needs, recreational activities, and program planning of such program activities, i.e., sports, organized games, special events, arts and crafts and drama.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
- Basic methodology of organizing groups, programs, and services in a recreational setting.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
- Modern office equipment, methods, procedures, and computer hardware and software.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; supervise children when applicable; stand for long periods of time; interpret, understand and follow policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff.
- Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables, chairs and carry supplies; participate with children on field trips, perform exercises with children; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
- Lead activities, applying knowledge to an actual day care program and the children therein.
- Supervise children on playground when required in the absence of teacher(s) to maintain proper ratios.
- Establish positive and professional relationships with children, co-workers and parents.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Understand and translate Palm Academy’s policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem-solving methods.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
- Operate a computer and/or smart devices as necessary to perform job duties.
- Identify problems regarding the facility and programs; refer difficult problems/irregularities for more advanced attention and recommend possible solutions.
- Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program, under the supervision of a person who would qualify as a teacher or director.
- Two (2) seasons of paid experience in administering and coordinating recreation programs as well as functioning in a high level administrative support capacity of a related field.
- High school Diploma or GED- prefer higher level degree supplemented by completion of twelve (12) units in early childhood education, recreation, physical education, elementary education or related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license with copy of MVR driving record
• Possession of CPR and First Aid certificates within six (6) months of hire.
Applications will be screened by the HR for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants will be contacted for prescreen interviews. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing live-scan fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment health screening requirement.
- Must be fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related child care or youth program field
- Must enjoy working with children
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Must be able to commit long term
- Must be very organized, detailed oriented, and responsible
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred
- Participates in required training programs, conferences, and training
About Palm Academy
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents and reports relating to safety rules, operating, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Since 2006, Palm Academy has been working with the families in the Fremont community to helping to raise healthy, happy children. Palm Academy childcare professionals are passionate about maintaining the highest standards of education and care so that each child, from 6 weeks to 18 years, is given the best possible opportunity for success. Their daycare programs are designed to include every member of your family so that you only have one stop you need to make for all of your childcare needs. At Palm Academy, they deeply care about helping parents save time and money while also helping children grow into the adults parents aspire them to be.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.