MobileHRnow, HR Business Partner to Palm Academy in Fremont CA
, is conducting interviews for Early Childhood Preschool Teachers for Palm Academy. We have immediate openings for After school program. Palm Academy is a JEI Learning Center.
Palm Academy offers great compensation paired with a full suite of benefits for full time teachers status!
Palm Academy’s qualified Early Preschool Teacher will help prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will teach them essential elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life. A preschool teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education. Ultimately carries out mission, vision, and values established by the Academy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate and individualized development plan for each child; taking care to include parents in the planning process.
- Work and communicate with parents to increase their understanding of child development, including but not limited to developmental stages, developmental appropriateness, early literacy, and parental involvement.
- Collaborate with other educators/teachers on pertinent information, updates and recommendation continuously
- Observe and monitor each child to ensure their social competencies, interactions and cleanliness throughout each day
- Prepares, executes and discusses early preschool feeding routines with parents/guardians to meet individual needs and
- Adhere to company policies and procedures to ensure and maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Ability to observe, assess and report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the appropriate channels
- May perform other related duties
- Minimum of 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education including core courses in Child/Human Growth and Development; Child, Family and
- Community and Program/Curriculum.
- Partially qualified preschool teacher – 6 ECE units completed and enrolled in at least 2 semester units of ECE each semester
- Proof of valid Child Development Permit & Qualified by the Office of Child Care Services
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Participates in required training programs, conferences, and training
About Palm Academy
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents and reports relating to safety rules, operating, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Since 2006, Palm Academy has been working with the families in the Fremont community to helping to raise healthy, happy children. Palm Academy childcare professionals are passionate about maintaining the highest standards of education and care so that each child, from 6 weeks to 18 years, is given the best possible opportunity for success. Their daycare programs are designed to include every member of your family so that you only have one stop you need to make for all of your childcare needs. At Palm Academy, they deeply care about helping parents save time and money while also helping children grow into the adults parents aspire them to be.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.