MobileHRnow, HR Business Partner to Palm Academy in Fremont CA
, is conducting interviews for Infant/Toddler Teachers for Palm Academy
. Palm Academy is expanding and has immediate needs for Infant/Toddler Teachers.
Palm Academy offers great compensation paired with a full suite of benefits for full time teachers status!
Are you a qualified Infant/Toddler Teacher? If so we want to hear from you!
Prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. Provide infants and toddlers with experiences and opportunities that allow for the development of curiosity, initiative, problem-solving, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to a group. Teachers must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes a developmentally appropriate child-centered day which promotes total development of each child, and applies knowledge of various development stages of infants/toddlers
- Prepare and provide materials that are concrete and relevant to the children’s interests and culture to meet their individual needs
- Respond quickly to children’s different and personal needs (verbal and non-verbal cues), temperament styles, abilities, and cultures.
- Prepare the infant/toddler learning environment for children to learn through active exploration and interaction with adult caregivers.
- Administer and accurately document initial and ongoing development using screening and assessment tools at established intervals.
- Review and carry out health plans for special diets, allergies, medication administration, etc.
- Partner with parents to develop educational and family goals and update regularly.
- Assist with transition into the program and exiting out of the program.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, parent meetings, parent-teacher conferences, in-service training, Organization Quality Improvement process, etc.
- Adheres to policies and procedures pertaining to code of ethics, sanitary and cleanliness of classroom and children
- Participates in required training programs, conferences, courses or other aspects of professional growth and attends all faculty meetings
- Serves as mandated reporter and reports any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the appropriate channels
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Qualified by the Office of Child Care Services
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a preschool or infant/toddler teacher or caregiver
- Minimum of 24 completed ECE/CD units with at least three (3) units in infant/toddler care. AA/AS degree or higher in psychology, sociology, home economics, human development or a California State issued child development teacher permit or higher. Six (6) infant/toddler course units.
- Experience with infants/toddlers in a group setting and/or training in Resources for Infant Educators (RIE), or in Program for Infant Toddler Caregivers (PITC).
About Palm Academy
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Since 2006, Palm Academy has been working with the families in the Fremont community to helping to raise healthy, happy children. Palm Academy childcare professionals are passionate about maintaining the highest standards of education and care so that each child, from 6 weeks to 18 years, is given the best possible opportunity for success. Their daycare programs are designed to include every member of your family so that you only have one stop you need to make for all of your childcare needs. At Palm Academy, they deeply care about helping parents save time and money while also helping children grow into the adults parents aspire them to be.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.