MobileHRnow, HR Business Partner to Palm Academy in Fremont CA
, is conducting interviews for Preschool Teachers for Palm Academy. We have immediate openings for After school program. Palm Academy is a JEI Learning Center.
Palm Academy offers great compensation paired with a full suite of benefits for full time teachers status!
Responsible for the supervision and safety of school age children, the Teacher will instruct using the JEI system and philosophy. JEI Learning Centers go beyond after school tutoring by offering an innovative approach to enrichment learning. Students Pre-K to 9th grade can enjoy an individualized academic experience with JEI's proven track record. Aligned with Common Core State Standards, JEI's curriculum helps kids build strong foundations in Math, English, Reading & Writing, and Critical Thinking. JEI's program begins with the diagnostic test, which pinpoints a student's fundamental strengths and weaknesses and prescribes a personalized study program.
Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Supervises all activities to ensure safety of students at all times
- Helps with student homework
- Instruct from provided complete lesson plans as dictated by the JEI learning system
- Motivate students by using different teaching strategies
- Teach in a fun and engaging way
- Helps students by creating a fun and supportive environment
- Helps to maintain a neat, clean and well-organized classroom; helps with general housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain daily attendance through Child Supervision Record (CSR)
- Helps students establish good study habits, personal hygiene and proper social interactions
- Must be an active participant and a positive role model to children
- Exhibit courteous and helpful behavior to children, staff, parents/guardians, school personnel, and the general public
- Report to the Site/Executive Director on any behavioral concerns and/or incidents involving the student in the program
- Carry out all policies, goals, and mission of the academy.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, in-service training, and other meetings as directed by Site/Executive Director and Program Administrator.
- Perform other related duties as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Ability to communicate with parents effectively
- Proficient in the JEI learning system
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Sensitive towards multi-cultural beliefs and practices
- Ability to maintain accurate records and submit in a timely manner
- Ability to work as a team member
- Flexibility and ability to plan ahead
- Time management
About Palm Academy
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and meet the requirements of the licensing agency such as
- Passionate about working with kids and experienced in motivating students.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Must have experience in teaching or tutoring
- Excellent communication skills and know how to simplify and explain complex problems
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the academy’s program and philosophy.
- Minimum of 24 semester units of Early Childhood Education
- Minimum of 2 years classroom experience teaching young children
- Site supervisory permit a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Follows direction well and works cooperatively with co-workers
Since 2006, Palm Academy has been working with the families in the Fremont community to helping to raise healthy, happy children. Palm Academy childcare professionals are passionate about maintaining the highest standards of education and care so that each child, from 6 weeks to 18 years, is given the best possible opportunity for success. Their daycare programs are designed to include every member of your family so that you only have one stop you need to make for all of your childcare needs. At Palm Academy, they deeply care about helping parents save time and money while also helping children grow into the adults parents aspire them to be.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.