Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC (Bargas)
is seeking high-quality candidates to fill As-Needed Field Archaeologist
positions in our Sacramento, Orange, and Redlands Office locations. Bargas offers competitive hourly pay, opportunities for advancement, and a positive, supportive work environment. Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions. Our Cultural Resources Program is growing – come join us!
What we’re looking for in As-Needed Field Archaeologists ...
We are seeking energetic and experienced As-Needed Field Archaeologists to join our team. We are looking for candidates with experience in surveying, construction monitoring, and reporting experience for projects throughout California. Our array of project work and clients include utilities, land development, transportation, and other infrastructure projects.
This position will involve field work, monitoring, and reporting for major projects. Successful candidates will demonstrate experience with archaeological surveys, monitoring, data collection, and reporting in support of projects, and working with clients to provide environmentally sound solutions to their challenges. Preferred candidates will also demonstrate experience in managing archaeological and cultural resource studies, including performing archaeological surveys, site recording, testing/excavation, conducting and overseeing field work and data collection efforts, construction monitoring in the vicinity of cultural resources, and/or working with regulatory agencies.Required Qualifications
Are you interested in a career in the environmental consulting field?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a related field is required
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience performing archaeological field work, including surveys, site recording, site excavation, and/or monitoring of environmental compliance for construction projects; experience in California preferred
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with clients and represent the firm in a highly productive capacity
- Strong data collection and quality control capabilities
- Ability to travel to remote project locations; walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and often on multi-day assignments; and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a background check
- Specialized analysis skills (e.g., lithic or faunal analysis) are a plus
- Prior experience with GIS software (ArcPad, ArcGIS Online, Collector) is a plus
Please apply here
and submit your resume and cover letter explaining your unique areas of expertise. Please also tell us why you’d enjoy a career with Bargas. Visit us at:www.BargasConsulting.com