Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC (Bargas)
is seeking high-quality candidate(s) to fill Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager
position(s) in our Sacramento, Orange, and Redlands Office locations.
The Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager position is full-time, with great base salary and benefits. Bargas offers opportunities for advancement and a positive, supportive work environment. Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions. Our Cultural Resources Program is growing – come join us!What we’re looking for in the Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager...
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager to join our team. We are seeking candidates with substantial archaeological/cultural resources management and project management expertise, with experience throughout California. Our array of project work and clients include utilities, land development, transportation, and other infrastructure projects.
The Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager position will involve management of clients, major projects, and staff on a project and/or supervisory basis. We seek candidates who have significant experience managing projects and working with clients to provide environmentally sound solutions to their challenges. The successful candidate will demonstrate substantial experience in managing archaeological and cultural resource studies, including surveys, site recording, testing, and excavation, conducting and overseeing field work and data collection efforts, working with regulatory agencies, and preparing documentation (e.g., archaeological/cultural resources survey reports, Archaeological Resources Management Reports [ARMR]) in compliance with state and federal laws or jurisdictions, including the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA). The preferred candidate will also demonstrate technical expertise in archaeological or cultural resources management or analysis, such as lithic or faunal analysis, osteology, architectural history, or other technical specialty.Required Qualifications
Are you interested in a career in the environmental consulting field?
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a related field is required
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology, architectural history, or history
- 8+ years of experience managing archaeological/cultural resources projects, including surveys, site recordation, testing, and excavation, and monitoring of environmental compliance for construction projects; experience in California preferred
- Evidence of successful management of projects, including maintaining budgets and schedules and producing high-quality client deliverables
- Leadership skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with clients and represent the firm in a highly productive capacity
- Strong interest in developing business with both existing and new clients
- Strong data collection and quality control capabilities
- Ability to travel to remote project locations; walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and sometimes on multi-day assignments; and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical documents
- Prior experience with GIS software (ArcPad, ArcGIS Online, Collector) and ability to use technology for data collection
- Demonstrated experience with specialized analysis skills (e.g., lithic or faunal analysis, osteology, architectural history) is a plus
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a background check
Please apply here
and submit your resume and cover letter explaining your unique areas of expertise. Please also tell us why you’d enjoy a career with Bargas. Visit us at www.BargasConsulting.com