MobileHRnow LLC is recruiting top talent candidates for Bargas Environmental Consulting. As a Workforce Planning Partner, we are screening and presenting qualified candidates for the position outlined below. Interested? Read on and apply today!
Bargas Environmental Consulting
is searching for a talented Sr. Biologist/Project Manager
. We have office work sites in both Orange CA and/in Sacramento CA. Great base pay with benefits. Full time! Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions.
What we're looking for are Sr Level Biologist/Project Manager...
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Senior Project Manager/Biologist to join our team. We are looking to work with someone with substantial biological, permitting, and project management expertise with experience throughout California. Our array of project work and clients include utilities, land development, transportation, and other infrastructure projects.
This position will involve the management of major projects as well as staff on a project and supervisory basis. We are looking for candidates who have significant experience managing projects and working with clients to provide environmentally sound solutions to their challenges. The successful candidate will also have substantial experience in managing biological and natural resource studies including special-status species, conducting and overseeing field work, performing aquatic resources delineations, working with regulatory agencies, and preparing permit applications and related documents such as biological assessments in compliance with the state and federal Endangered Species Act and other local jurisdictions. Specific areas of technical expertise will include strong botanical, wetland, or wildlife assessments, including handling of special-status species.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related life sciences field required.
- 8+ years of experience supporting and managing biological/environmental projects
- Leadership skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Capability to perform field work, including management and monitoring of environmental compliance for construction projects
- Ability to interact with clients and represent the firm in a highly productive capacity
- Evidence of successful management of projects and budgets
- Strong interest in developing business with both existing and new clients
- Able to travel to remote project locations, including multi-day assignments
- Strong quality control capabilities
- Federal Recovery and CDFW Scientific Collecting Permit(s) for one or more species strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience completing biological surveys, fieldwork, habitat assessments, wetland delineations, and/or construction monitoring; experience in California
- Vegetation survey, wildlife surveys, measurement experience, or wetland delineation experience is a plus
- Prior experience with GIS software (ArcPad) and Trimble GPS units and ability to use technology for data collection.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical documents.
- Ability to travel to a remote location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a background check.
Interested in a career within the environmental consulting environment? Please apply along with submitting your resume and cover letter explaining your unique areas of expertise...also tell us why you'd enjoy a career with Bargas. No phone calls or walk in's please. www.BargasConsulting.com