MobileHRnow as HR Business Partner for Loyalty Pawn is currently seeking to hire Sales Lending Associates NOW in the West Sacramento Location.
Loyalty Pawn SLAs provide short-term loans to customers in exchange for valuable items such as jewelry, electronics, and musical instruments. In this role, pawnbrokers estimate an item’s value based on retail prices or market values of precious metals or stones, offering customers cash while holding the items as collateral. In many cases, Sales Lending Associates
also handle retail sales of items that customers do not return to collect.
This position requires excellent customer service skills
as well as the ability to successfully evaluate items and estimate resale value. Sales Lending Associates also need to keep up to date and informed about laws regarding the pawn industry, following protocol in maintaining detailed records of items and transactions, and provide assistance to law enforcement regarding items reported stolen.
Evaluate Pawned and Pledged Items
What YOU'll Do as a Loyalty Pawn Sales Lending Associate-Duties & Responsibilities
One of your main duties is estimating the value of pawned or pledged items, which can include electronics and cameras, musical instruments, and collectible items such as gold and jewelry. This requires extensive familiarity with the market values of these items, along with the ability to quickly make judgments about an item’s condition and resale potential. Need training? No problem! We offer best in class entry level Sales Lending Associate training! Do you have what it takes?
Issue Cash Loans to Customers
Sales Lending Associates use the value of items to determine customer loan amounts, holding the customer’s items as collateral. In determining loan offers, you'll determine the amount of the offer as well as loan terms and payment dates. You'll provide a receipt and written contract outlining the loan terms and the customer’s options to recover their item or extend the terms of their lease.
Sell Uncollected Items to Customers
If a customer does not redeem their item at the end of their loan term, then the you will help prepare that item for retail sale. You'll research and compare retail prices of similar items and prices incoming customer goods appropriately. In some cases, a you will list an item on our eBay site if the item will fetch a higher value than in the store.
Adhere to Laws and Regulations
Finally, you will help ensure that your follow and adhere to both state/federal laws and regulations related to the pawn industry as well as company policies and procedures. Because of the heavily cash-based nature our business, you will follow our record keeping policies pertaining to all transactions and closely follow state and federal regulations for lending and selling items.
- Phenomenal customer service skills - be prepared to showcase your awesome skills during an interview
- Excellent Attendance Track Record-are you committed to showing up to work on time EVERY time?
- Ability to travel between store locations-you must have reliable transportation
- A fantastic work ethic
- Pass a background/credit check
- A history establishing yourself as trustworthy and honest-professional references min of three are required
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Fast learner
- Complete our Talent and Temperament Skills Assessment
- Weekly Paychecks (Direct Deposit)
- Sales Bonuses - paid weekly
- Generous Medical, HRA Bennie Card, Dental and Vision offered
- 401k Retirement Program with guaranteed employer match at 3% (eligibility criteria required)
- Basic Employer Paid Life Insurance
- $14 to $16 hour starting wages (DOE) plus weekly sales bonuses
- Full time scheduling- you must be committed to a full time schedule.
- Fast paced atmosphere
- Room to grow and accelerate your career path!
- An exciting and fun team atmosphere
- New experiences every day!
At Loyalty Pawn, we strive to alter the “stereotype” of our industry that the media and Hollywood has pushed for years and invite you to come into any one of our five locations to receive superior customer service, and to enjoy the benefits that our business has to offer in retail sales or short-term loans. Our stores provide a clean, bright environment with friendly loan associates who are there to help. We have state of the art surveillance and security systems, so our team members and our customers can rest assured that their items are well protected while in our safe-keeping.
Apply today! Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Loyalty Pawn is not just your next job--it's your next encore career opportunity! We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Apply today!