Westcal Management is currently seeking a talented Sr level Property Accountant. Reports to Accounting Manager. Full time. Great compensation paired with generous company sponsored fringe benefits. Immediate hiring! Join our team of apartment property accounting professionals today!
Sr Property Accountant, reporting directly to Accounting Manager, to manage and analyze financial transactions in order to provide quantitative information on the performance, liquidity, and cash flow of multi-family apartment property portfolios. This individual will be responsible for completing all of the Accounts Payable, Cash Management, General Ledger Accounting and Financial Reporting.
The Sr. Property Accountant position requires the incumbent to be available during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8a-5pm. However, the business hours may be extended as needed to meet deadlines.
Job Complexity & Critical Thinking Skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sr Property Accountant must perform the job duties with a view toward projecting a professional and competent image. The timeliness and professional responses are key to this position.
- The position is fundamental to the accounting and financial analysis and requires knowledge of the accrual basis of accounting, with attention to detail, solid time management, and excellent interpersonal skills.
include the following but are not limited to as follows
Prepare and deliver Financial Statement packages for an assigned portfolio of multifamily properties following the quality standards as instructed. Verify correctness of information prior to submission and reporting.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules. Analyze the Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts for accuracy
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledger
- Review periodic reports of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and correct errors prior to close of accounting period
- Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded.
- Work other members of the accounting team and Regional Managers to investigate, resolve, and/or report on discrepancies
- Research, analyze, identify, and explain any variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet.
- Prepare additional financial reports to be included in the Financial Package as requested by client
- Analyze and post end-of-year audit adjusting entries.
- Prepare annual budget worksheets as needed for clients
- Provide assistance and guidance to Property Management by answering questions regarding monthly Financial Statements and other related matters
- Cross train for all accounting functions
- Assisting as directed by Regional Managers in preparing annual and monthly budgeting and forecasting
- Preparing various reports as requested
- Must have ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Assisting in accounting or operations projects from time to time as requested
- Complete all general ledger accounting such as accruing for property taxes, insurance, and other property expenses
- Manage operating cash accounts for assigned properties
- Record NSF receipts and bank fees
- Review general ledger to verify accuracy
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for month-end close accounting and review
- Responsible for monthly financial statement package preparation
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S) or related work experience equivalent
- MRI experience helpful. Real estate industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting
- Experience with tax billings helpful
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator at all levels-customer service oriented personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
- Flexible outlook toward task management
- Knowledge of risk management
- Extensive knowledge in landlord, tenant and rental housing laws
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and able to multitask
- Must be able to demonstrate a creative and motivating personality within our team-driven work environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must pass criminal background check and 5 panel non DOT drug screen
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver high quality customer care
- Must be eligible to work and live in the U.S.
About Westcal Management
Westcal's talent mission is to recruit, hire and retain the best qualified and most diverse workforce possible to support our residential and commercial properties. We strive to establish and maintain a productive and mutually rewarding relationship. Recently we have forged new relationships and reinforced existing ones with benefit administrators to make the best of our available resources. We also work very hard to foster team environments through holiday gatherings and fun company activities. We continue to evaluate benefits and ensure that employees feel guided, protected and nurtured as they work through their career and life goals. Committed to remain flexible with our internal and external operations in order to meet the ever-changing needs of the industry, employees and clients.
- Group Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic and Rx
- Employer Paid Life Insurance with AD&D
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- 7 paid holidays
- 24/7 employee service and support
Westcal Management is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Westcal Management also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is Westcal's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants--
Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Westcal Management locations unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Apply today! Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. If hired, must pass criminal background check, have clean MVR, and pass 5 panel non DOT drug screen. Apply today!!