MOBILEHRNOW LLC is currently recruiting talented Maritime (Shipyard) Machinist Foreman (Manager) to join our client in the shipyard/maritime industry in the Bay Area!
Please read the job requirements carefully. Applicants with Foreman/Manager Shipyard Machinist experience will be considered.
MACHINIST (FOREMAN JOURNEYMAN LEVEL) SUMMARY - Manage Craft Department which includes planning and scheduling work, managing and developing staff (motivating, leading, training, and disciplining), managing other resources, and providing a safe work environment for own department and surrounding personnel
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and practical application of Machine and other systems on ships, on land, and associated marine terminology.
- 15 years’ experience directly related to ship building / ship repair experience (this may be waived based on skill, ability, past performance, and management confidence). This includes in-depth knowledge of all facets of the trade relating to ship repair. Working knowledge of contracting and estimating procedures. Demonstrated knowledge and utilization of production processes, methods, quality, and technology. Effective leadership, communication, and team building skills. Excellent people skills.
- Able to step in and be “hands on” when needed. Complex problem solving skills to identify and prioritize problem areas and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Ability to negotiate with subcontractors on work performance and bids. Strong Microsoft Office program (Outlook, Word, Excel) computer skills are required. Good communication skills with all levels of employees.
- Ability to drive to various locations, physically observe operations, stand, walk, climb, talk, listen and actively participate in communicating effectively with employees, customers and public. Use hands to reach, grasp, handle or feel. Able to walk on and around ships, dry docks, and facility. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Strong math and reading skills, writing and spelling ability to write and speak clearly and effectively on all technical and business levels, including job specifications.
Office 25%-30%; Outdoor 70%-75%. Occasional exposure to wet humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles; moderate noise; occasional intense light/glare; work near moving machinery. Travel primarily involves ground transportation to and from job sites, airports, etc.
- Lead the Machine Department to successfully and safely complete assigned work within budget and agreed time limits. Update the Production Leadership as required.
- Provide accurate estimates of manpower, material and equipment needs to complete projects and tasks. Estimates provide all necessary information requested to management.
- Accurately plan and schedule projects and tasks. All plans and schedules are provided to various departments to integrate with other craft plans and schedules. All plans and schedules accurately meet project and task assignments. Communicates progress to Project Manager along with anticipated issues/problems that could impact production.
- Manage and develop department employees, including motivating, leading, training, and disciplinary action, as needed. Non-Journeyman are assigned work that increases their skill and abilities in that department. Employees understand how they contribute to the success of the department, yard, and business. Employees receive prompt feedback so they understand when they perform well and when they perform poorly.
- Walks every production job before assigning it to assess necessary preparations for an efficient and safe execution of the work. Follows up at the job site multiple times a day to ensure proper progress and resolve potential issues.
- Schedule staff and work crew in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensures all employees are properly supervised and have all the necessary tools, equipment, specifications, drawings, and procedures to properly accomplish their jobs.
- Inspects every job by every trade person upon completion to ensure trade quality standards and attention to detail have been met.
- Attends daily production meetings and coordinates assignments with other shops/ subcontractors and ensures projected goals are met and all issues are addressed.
Normal working hours from 7am-3:30pm but may be required to answer customer service calls during evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Work sometimes takes place in wiring closets (small confined spaces), shipboard operations room (noisy environment), climbing ladder wells aboard ship and carrying equipment on and off vessels.
Are you an experienced Machinist Foreman
with expertise in Shipyard, Maritime, and/or heavy industrial environments? Do you have specialist interested in supporting shipyard site operations? Are you a problem solver that gets excited when a problem is more complex or more difficult, rather than less? Do you have the experience and minimal requirements as listed above? If the answer is YES, then we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
- We are dedicated to the well-being of our team members through a comprehensive compensation and benefits program. You'll work hard... you'll play hard. No compromise.
- Salary Exempt Position
- Weekly payroll
- Traditional 401k Payroll Deferral Program with company match
- Pension in addition to 401k
- Employer paid Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance
- STD/LTD in addition to CASDI
- PTO (vacation, and sick leave programs)
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- 24/7 Employee and HR Support Services
Our client's first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you!
If you are interested in joining a company with the opportunity to follow your career path and feel you meet the qualifications for this position, then this is the company for you!
To learn more about this opportunity, please complete the online application and a workforce planning specialist will connect with you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.